Family Membership- $10.00
Please send all completed membership forms to Playgroup Tasmania, P.O Box 799, Launceston, 7250
- Provides access to a nation wide family of Community Playgroups.
- A free Australian Baby Card on Joining. This discount card entitles members to a range of discounts on products and services.
- Insurance cover for yourself and any registered family members at Playgroup meetings either at your venue or on excursions (including accident and injury).
- Subscription to ePlayNews, Playgroup Tasmania’s State based membership letter (if an email address is provided) which is distributed six times per year. Includes competitions, Playgroup activities, ideas and articles of interest.
- Full membership and voting rights.
- 50 % off St Giles Toy Library Membership and free toy hire
Play Baby Membership- Free
Play Baby is an initiative run by Playgroup Tasmania for families with a child 0-12 months old. Baby and adult can explore and learn together and alongside others in a safe and friendly environment. Babies have the reassurance of being with their parent or carer as they learn to interact, share and relate to other babies and adults. Play Baby also provides an opportunity for families with a baby under 1 to meet and connect with others in their community and share information and knowledge.
If you have a baby 0-12 months you receive a free 12 month membership to Playgroup Tasmania.
We are introducing a two tiered Affiliated Playgroup membership.
This approach recognises the different support requirements between a volunteer, parent-led Community Playgroup and other Playgroups that have organisational supports and paid facilitators.
Community Playgroup – $30 per calendar year
– Do not have own insurance cover – contents, public liability, volunteer cover (incl participant families and their children)?
-Is your Playgroup run by parents and volunteers?
- Comprehensive $8,000 contents insurance public liability and volunteer insurance
- Playgroup Tasmania staff support eg how to start a playgroup, how to manage a playgroup, fundraising ideas, play ideas
- Promotion on the Playgroup Tasmania “find a playgroup’ site and Facebook
- Discounts from major retailers of education resources
- Free advertising material for their playgroup
- Closed Facebook groups of Playgroup Leaders that are there to support, offer advice and help each other to make each week of play loads of fun.
- Up to 2 pop up play events
- Grant writing and auspicing arrangements so your playgroup can receive grant funds.* It is important to note that to ensure insurance coverage, all families attending your Playgroup must be financial members of Playgroup Tasmania and your Playgroup must be registered with Playgroup Tasmania
Organisation Playgroup – $55 per calendar year
-Is your Playgroup supported by an organisational structure other than Playgroup Tasmania?
-Does your Playgroup have its own insurance cover?
-Is your Playgroup run by a dedicated paid playgroup facilitator?
- Listing on Find a Playgroup on the Playgroup Tasmania website
- Pop-Up Playspot to support open days and events during week days only (first one is free, with subsequent sessions offered at discounted rates)
- Playgroup Tasmania staff support eg how to start a playgroup, how to manage your playgroup, fundraising ideas, play ideas
For more information call 1800171882