National Children’s Week 2021
CHILDREN’S WEEK IN TASMANIA
Dates: 23 October – 31 October 2021
Theme: Children have the right to choose their own friends and safely connect with others
The theme is based on Article 15, United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child (the same theme as 2020).
Children’s Week is for children and young people of all ages from birth to 18 years old.
Each year Playgroup Tasmania work closely with community partners to coordinate activities and events across Children’s Week. Last year we launched our first Activity Guide which promoted a wide range of activities, both online and face to face, during Children’s Week.
In 2021, Playgroup Tasmania and the Statewide Working Group are producing an even more comprehensive guide reaching children of all ages across Tasmania. We will support and promote community partners as they host their own activities and will produce a bigger and better Children’s Week 2021 Activity Guide.
The guide will be published online from September and hard copies will also be available.
Information for Activity Providers
We now invite groups and organisations to plan a free activity or activities (which can be face-to-face, online or a combination of both) and to register it with Playgroup Tasmania via the link below. Please base your activity on the theme for 2021
“Children have the right to choose their own friends and safely connect with others”.
Click on this link to register: www.childrensweektas.com.au
Registrations close Wednesday 30 June, 2021
There are lots of different types of activities that are suitable for Children’s Week. You might also consider working in partnership with another local organisation and putting on an activity together. Some ideas to think about include:
- Local treasure and scavenger hunts around your suburb or town
- Local teddy bears’ picnics in your community
- Come and Try Free Session (suitable for Sport and Rec clubs, Guides etc)
- Art competition and exhibition (either online or in person)
- Story writing activity
- Open Day at your organisation’s venue
- Movie night
ROLE OF PLAYGROUP TASMANIA IN CHILDREN’S WEEK 2021
Playgroup Tasmania is Tasmania’s representative on the Children’s Week Council of Australia. In Tasmania, Playgroup Tasmania works closely with the Children’s Week Statewide Working Group to represent Tasmanian children.
Playgroup Tasmania staff can offer support and advice as you plan for Children’s Week. We can also assist you to connect with others to plan a combined activity. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 6331 6599.
- Consider what free activity your community group or organisation wishes to arrange for Children’s Week 2021. Choose from the ideas above or come up with your own idea. Activities may be face to face, online or both!
- Decide if you wish to promote part of your regular program during Children’s Week (e.g. scouts, orienteering). This option means no additional planning for you.
- Communicate with Playgroup Tasmania if you need further ideas or support for your Children’s Week activity.
- Click on the link: childrensweektas.com.au complete the online Registration Form by 30th June, 2021.
- Registrations will be collated into the “Children’s Week 2021 Activity Guide” which will be printed and distributed as hard copies as well as online.
PLEASE NOTE: you will be emailed a draft of the guide prior to publication and distribution allowing you to make late changes/amendments to your activity.
- We understand that some groups may not want their activity to be promoted in the guide. We encourage you to still complete the online form and select “No” you do not wish your activity to be published in the guide.
- Prepare for your activity and have fun!!